Friday, July 20, 2012

Summertime

Mon dieu, I haven't posted on here forever.
Hello again.
Sorry about the wait; I've just been so caught up with school and whatnot that summer is kind of at the point where things like this are just forgotten about.
So, to start off this summer, I'll tell you about my latest obsession: lemonade.
Just the thought of it brings me back to when I was eight and made as much lemonade as possible, starting with powdered stuff to homemade cherry limeade. I don't know why but it has always been a favorite of mine. Another recent obsession of mine is ice pops. They're healthy (if you want them to be!), refreshing, and also give that good summer memory when you stopped for the ice cream truck to get an Otter pop (but without all the sugary syrups).
I'm working on a recipe for lemonade right now; I'll have it up as soon as possible. And don't think it's just about sugar and water.

My favorite food website is foodgawker.com. It has everything, including lemon raspberry muffins, homemade Klondike bars, and even ratatoullie! It's a website where anyone can post recipes to; whether from their blog or from a website they find, it's all 100% good (and mostly good for you, too!). My favorite recipe from there is the lavender lemonade. It's super tart, but refreshing in that good-weird kinda way with just the slightest aftertaste of lavender. It's also served best when you freeze it in ice pop molds and eat it after you're super thirsty or after a run.

Enjoy your summer! Make the most out of your days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment